All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 29 June 2017

The return of the mojo? and June GG post

Dancing on the ceiling?  mmm not quite, but it does deserve a hearty drink and a pat on the back!

Finally the crafting fairy has waved her magic wand and given me a nudge.  A little knitting has been taking place and i have a finish.

You've seen a few of these before, I think I've knitted 5 school cardigans so far.  This ones much bigger and will be saved till the new term in September.

 
As it is a gift for my granddaughter, it will fit the bill for this months GG post with Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching..... yippee, another thing caught up with and ticked off the June list. 
 
A few little cross stitch x's put into a project as well.  The meet up exchange is complete, enveloped up and sent out and I have received my parcel ready for opening day next week.   Just the monthly challenge that needs to be done before Saturday - not a hope of that, but never mind, Christine is quite forgiving!
 
 
 
Love and blessings to you all
 
Julie

21 comments:

Lesley said...

What a lovely cardigan.Your granddaughter's uniform colour is striking,very cheerful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The cardigans are getting bigger each year!

Vickie said...

Absolutely adorable and perfect! :D

butterfly said...


Beautiful cardigan, oh Julie you take me back, I knitted so many for my GC .
oving the cable I use to love kitting Aran ones .
Have a lovely week hugs .

stitchersanon said...

Gorgeous. I love the colour, very pretty.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I always enjoy seeing your hand knitted cardigans Julie - they remind me so much of the ones my mum knitted for me starting each school year and for the annual gala day.

Cheryl mylittlepieceofengland said...

I love the cardigan, lovely red uniform your granddaughter has xx

Brigitte said...

A great GG post, Julie. This cardigan is just as beautiful as the ones that you knitted before. Your granddaughter will be so pleased. I'm glad to read that the crafting bug is back :)))

Christine said...

Christine is forgiving because she's even further behind than you are!
Another lovely cardigan for your granddaughter

Justine said...

Glad to hear your mojo is returning. Another lovely cardigan, shame they have to get bigger though!

Marlene jones said...

When my girls were young I used the same pattern many times, you can't beat a nice knitting pattern.

Sally said...

Beautiful cardigan Julie. How lovely to see a nice bright colour for a school uniform.

Jo said...

It reminds you how quickly they're growing when you knit garments for them. It's a lovely cardigan and a fab colour for a school uniform. Ours was purple, urgh!

Maggie said...

Love Isabelle's cardigan, Oliver's uniform will be blue when he starts school in September. They have sweatshirts with the school badge on which Jenny has already bought. My girls used to wear hand knit school cardigans, but I haven't knit anything for Oliver since he was small. Girls hand knit things look so much nicer somehow.
Not much stitching going on in my house either, I just haven't got the feel for it at the moment.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

The Sweater is so very nice...I love it. I love the Color of this too.

Happy Knitting

Have A Lovely Day

Linda K

Carol said...

So glad your crafting mojo has returned, Julie! I don't seem to loose the mojo for stitching, but my finishing mojo comes and goes :)

Isabelle will love her new cardigan--she certainly is growing quickly. I'm sure she'll outgrow this one in no time, too! Thank goodness her grandma is so good with her needles!

Enjoy your day!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

What a lovely red sweater! Your granddaughter is a lucky girl. Glad to see your stitching mojo has made an appearance.

Penny said...

The return of the missing mojo is always a good thing. : ) Glad yours has returned! And your granddaughter is going to have a lovely new cardigan to start off the school year.

Astrids dragon said...

What a lovely piece to get your mojo back with! What a beautiful cardigan, perfect for the new school year.

Sok Sareth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
phann son said...

A great GG post, Julie. This cardigan is just as beautiful as the ones that you knitted before. Your granddaughter will be so pleased. I'm glad to read that the crafting bug is back :)))

ตารางบอล